Owned by: Indian-Hindu Bangladesh investors
Lycamobile Phone: 845-301-1612
Purchase: SIM Card with mobile service $25 value.
Reason: Merchandise or services received were not what I ordered
On July 25th, 2013, I purchased a $25.00 Nano SIM CARD to have access to the $29 Lycamobile monthly prepaid Unlimited Nationwide Talk & Text mobile plan for a special offer of $25. In my order, I requested a Nano SIM Card for my phone.
On July 30th, I received via Fedex mail another type of SIM CARD incompatible with my iphone5 device Not the one that I ordered. I notified Lycamobile of the error immediately on the same date and was notified via phone that the item was going to be mailed the next day and that I would receive a replacement within a week.
More than a month passed and never received the correct replacement nor received the refund I requested. I´d like to note that I requested a refund twice and called them several times to solicit a replacement during this period. Promises were given over the phone but none kept.
I ended up filing a complaint with my credit card company.
I did noticed that the Lycamobile customer service agents are micromanaged and they are just trained to deceive and tell customers what they want to hear and to assure them that they will be provided service that they will never receive. They reps are paid to give you lip service. In reality, the reps don´t have the authority or capability to issue refunds, mail orders, or make any basic decision. Only a shift manager is the one that has complete access to the system and of course the manager doesn´t solve issues either.
In conclusion, the company has poor or null business ethic, typical of the culture and practices of India/Bangladesh. The owners are of Hindu descent and they are applying frugal and dishonest practices to make money. It is sad, because at the end of the day, it just makes them look bad or worse. It just builds their worldwide bad reputation and it doesn´t matter if they´re are born or raised in the United Kingdom, US, or anywhere else, it is so ingrained in their culture and dogma that makes honest business with them impossible.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mobile Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "I pay about $100 per month to get 75mbs down / 35mbs up speeds from Verizon FIOS. They don't deliver what they say they will.This tool is what Verizon..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."